My friend Meg gave me this award a couple days ago! Apparently I'm scrappy even when my lungs are not functioning well!
Here are the rules for this particular award, taken directly from her site:
1. Choose...blah, blah, blah...brilliant in content or design
2. Show the...blah,blah, blah...can keep the nifty icon.
3. List at least 10 honest things about yourself
I am also supposed to pass this award along to some number of other folks who I find blah blah blah brilliant as well.
I'm not sure that's how the award was really meant to be distributed, but that's all I have to go by. Off we go!
1. I'm terrified of water. I never learned to swim in Alaska so when we moved south, I only ever mastered a dog paddle thing. And still, if my face gets wet I sink like a stone. I'd never have made it on the Titanic....
2. I can't bring myself to do dishes without rubber gloves. I buy the giant box at Costco and as they wear out, I just open another pair.
3. After working for the salon and spa for so long, I could never use 'over the counter' hair products.
4. I've kept my license just so I could buy hair products wholesale. I'm determined to get the few products I can't buy with my license at the cheapest price. There's a seller on eBay that ships directly from Paris.
5. I'm a huge reader. I have a stack of books by my bed at least 3 feet tall. And my bookcase downstairs and all my magazines and cookbooks in the living room. I hope I'm not going to be one of those little old ladies where you have to push the books to one side to get to the sofa!
6. I'm blind as 3 bats without my glasses but I'm kind of terrified to have lasic surgery. So I put up with things like having to put my glasses on every three seconds to see if I'm putting my eyeliner on straight.
7. I'd never make it as a vegetarian. While I've been clear about my loathing for tomatoes, there's quite a few veggies that throw off my grove, even though I keep trying them. On that list: cucumbers, peppers of any kind, most onions, avocados and turnips.
8. I'm reluctant to do an over night hike with TOG because there wouldn't be coffee in the morning.
9. I would never alphabetize anything because I hate singing the alphabet song to figure out where things go.
10. I'm mildly dyslexic. On paper I often reverse the front and the back of a word or I will type the front of one word and the back of the next one, or I'll just type the whole word backwards. I still cannot tell my left from my right. I have to look for my wedding ring and then think about which hand it's on and by then I've missed my turn.
And that list makes me look like I have issues galore. Geez! I'm not passing this on. If you want it, use it!
Happy Saturday! I'm starting my Superbowl shopping list!