I can tell that I'm home.... I appear to have unpacked, done all my laundry, mopped the floors, tidied the kitchen, put away the rest of the Christmas decor, reprogrammed the coffee pot, and scrubbed the bathroom. AND made a pot of very tasty 12 bean soup using the ham bone I froze from Christmas dinner. Other than that, I just relaxed. After I made cookies.
Now that I've recovered from whatever mind warp I had yesterday, I'd like to address the New Years resolution thing. I don't do them. A resolution is like grabbing the wheel of the car and jerking it down a different road without changing anything else, goals, ideas, beliefs, mantras, etc. Sooner or later your hand will slip on the wheel and the car will return to the same road it had been going down. Then folks feel sad because they believe they can't change. Change is possible, it just takes more than making a list to create permenant change.
Now that I've said all that, I will admit that I am creating some new goals for this year and I'm currently working on what I would have to do to make those goals a reality. I have one goal that's very dear to me, but I have no idea how to make it happen. When I've figured out the details, I may share those goals but in the meantime, I thought I would share my list of things I will NOT be doing in 2008.
- I will not be taking up scrapbooking. ever. I just don't get it.
- I won't be giving up coffee.
- I won't develop a latent interest in keeping the house spotless.
- I will not develop a taste for raw tomatoes. ever. (those that know me will understand)
- I will not let the gray in my hair pop out. Nor will I get my hair cut short.
- I will not get another dog (this one is iffy but I think I can do it)
- I will not become an exercise freak
- I will not allow my technogeek habit to take over my office. I have enough new technology to last me. No new computer for me this year (maybe a new laptop?)
- I will not speed (much). I'm on deferred prosecution for my first speeding ticket ever. It was a bum rap. I do have to go a year without another citation in order to clear my record.
- I will not wear high heels (except sandals). Been there, done that. I can accomplish great deeds professionally in comfortable shoes!
In closing, I want to start sharing some of the pics from Canada. I must admit though, I have yet to open Photoshop since I got home so the photos I'm sharing are fresh from the camera and just resized. So today, just one shot and perhaps I'll get some editing done for tomorrow. This is from the border crossing, Peace Arch, just south of Vancouver. I must retouch this one as it has the fuzz in the camera (see yesterday's post). Look on the left side of the arch in the lower third. Sigh.