I didn't take a picture, but I should have. I've always wanted to make a great chicken chili, but I've always had to be satisfied with an "okay" chicken chile.
I finally did it! Here's how!
- Two -three chicken breasts, cleaned and cut into bigger than bite sized pieces
- 2 cans great northern beans, drained
- 1 can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 can fire roasted tomato pieces
- 1 small can of green chilis
- 1/2 poblano pepper cleaned and diced
- 1 orange bell pepper cleaned and diced
- 1 mango, skinned and diced
- 3/4 of a sweet onion, chopped
- I cup frozen corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- .5 tsp corriander
- .5 tsp cayanne pepper (more or less to taste)
The night before, put beans and tomatos in crock pot. In large pan use a little olive oil to saute chilis, peppers, onion, mango and spices until just tender. Dump on top of beans and tomatoes. Add a little more oil to pan and lightly saute chicken breast pieces just to get spices from pan onto chicken. Add a little organic chicken broth to skillet, swirl and dump chicken into crock pot. Cover and refrigerate overnight to let flavors blend.
In the morning, add corn, more chicken broth and a little white wine (can substitue a nice IPA). Set on low and start your day! Whether it's work or a football game, this fantastic chili whill be waiting for you when you get home.
Recommend serving in bowl with dollops of low fat sour cream.