Taken with my Blackberry...
Last weekend, TOG took me to Vancouver to see Roger Waters. Yes, I was excited to go! He was excited to go! There was great merriment and anticipation coupled with the drinking of cider and the purchasing of T shirts!
And then the lights dimmed and the concert started.
And the entire stadium turned into a the equivilent of a Turkish hookah parlor. There was no oxygen, only a neverending cloud of marajuana smoke... constant, potent and coming at us from all sides.
After trying every thing to treat my lungs including over-using my inhaler and practically lying on the floor (smoke rises, right?) I gave up and left the concert and made my way back to the hotel where after applying some different meds, my lungs relaxed enough for me to breathe comfortably.
In hindsight, I learned a few things:
- The marajuana laws are far more relaxed in Vancouver BC than in Seattle.
- My lungs are even less tolerant of pot smoke than cigarette smoke.
- This might be the end of my concert going career...
- I'll probably never visit a Turkish hookah parlor
- I'm not sure I could pass a pee test right now.
- When my ribs and neck start hurting, I know I'm having a pretty bad asthma attack.
Other than that Mrs. Asthmagirl... how did you like the concert?
Roger Waters sounds really amazing even if you can't see him through all the smoke and watery eyes from coughing!